THE GOEDGEDACHT TRUST IS LOOKING FOR A YOUTH WORKER BASED AT THE GOEDGEDACHT YOUTH LEADERSHIP COLLEGE
The Goedgedacht Trust is a rural charitable Trust, situated on a farm 90km north of Cape Town, is looking for a suitable person to perform to plan, organise, coordinate and present a youth programme for out of school youth (18 to 25) focused on equipping youth with decision making abilities, self-confidence, being self-motivated in order to survive and thrive independently. The Organisation offer free accommodation to the successful incumbent.
This position will also be applicable to those who want to complete their internship at a reputable development organisation.
- Relevant qualification / NQF Level 5
- Social working/auxiliary social working, training and development, community development or recognised prior learning in any of the above.
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license (advantageous)
- Fully bilingual (Afrikaans and English)
- Experience in development and community capacity building (beneficial)
- Excellent Communication Skills (able to relate to young people)
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Conflict management, ability to work in a team, leadership skills, report writing skills, project management skills, ability to speak Afrikaans English, writing skills in English. Volunteering or working experience of supervising youth and presenting programmes to youth in a residential / camping setting.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Facilitation of youth leadership training programme with the help and assistance of their Leadership College Development Manager and in line with organisational requirements.
- From time to time liaise with external and internal stakeholders of the programme
- Financial management of budget and expenditure.
- Able to deal with the student’s emotional, physical and mental well-being.
- After hour excursion and supervision of the college students
- Play an active part to ensure the smooth implementation of the training programme
- Assist with monitoring and evaluating the training programme
*Please indicate your salary expectation when applying.
* Please note accommodation will be provided to the successful applicant.
POSITION CLOSING DATE: 28 January 2017
This is an urgent position and must be filled ASAP
Applications can be sent to: